Web Services/API Case Study
Legacy System Web Service Interface
Sparkfish designed, developed and implemented a Java web service that integrated a 20 year old legacy system database.
Following income and household composition, the proper identification of child support payments was the third highest cause of error in eligibility determination and recertification. Consequently, the client wanted to incorporate raw child support payment data, from the agency responsible for administering, directly into its data services hub.
Our team provided a pragmatic and highly cost-effective solution that supported immediate business needs, without waiting for the administering agency to complete an upgrade to its legacy system, scheduled for the following year.
Understanding how to work with both legacy and modern technology across the enterprise, our team designed, developed, and implemented a Java web service interface that integrated with a 20-year old legacy ADABAS database system through an EntireX gateway. This interface, now hosted by the administering agency, has made child support cases, obligations, and payment information available in real-time for use in benefit eligibility determination.
- Obtaining real-time data from a 20-year old legacy ADABAS database management system
- Utilizing EntireX to create a bridge with Java web services
- Complying with complicated State and Federal regulations
- Adhering to stringent privacy and security requirements
- Ensuring complete audit functionality
- Immediate, cost-effective solution
- Speedier eligibility determination
- Increased productivity and accuracy