Web Services/API Case Study
The Work Number Web Service
Our team developed and implemented the first, and largest, state-level implementation of an integrated web service.
The client needed real-time access to ‘The Work Number’ to verify earnings for benefit eligibility determination and recertification.
Our team developed and implemented the first and largest state-level implementation of an integrated web service, providing the client with real-time access to The Work Number’s employment and wage verification system – the largest nationwide employer database available today, with over 60 million active employee payroll records and over 4,200 public and private sector employers contributing payroll data each pay period.
With this, the client could obtain actionable data, significantly more current than Federal W-2, quarterly state wage data, or other sources. In addition to reducing fraud, this process dramatically reduced the time to determine eligibility by making pay stub data available to case workers at the time of initial screening.
- Creating a web service that interfaced seamlessly with the client’s existing web and mobile application systems
- Complying with Federal and State regulations
- Adhering to stringent privacy and security requirements
- Providing complete audit functionality
- Real-time access to the largest nationwide employer database
- Faster eligibility determination
- Increased staff productivity and accuracy
- Improved program integrity