Data Solutions Case Study
Alien Status Verification
Our team designed, developed, and integrated a real-time solution which allowed our client to streamline their existing processes.
To comply with Federal regulations, and ensure that only those legally entitled to benefits received them, the client needed to verify the immigration status of applicants using the Systematic Alien Verifications for Entitlements (SAVE) program, maintained by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), an agency of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS).
After analyzing the impact of Federal regulations, and defining business requirements, our team designed, developed, and integrated a real-time data solution that integrated SAVE program data into an existing data services hub.
This integration allowed the client to streamline the eligibility determination and recertification processes, for resident aliens and qualified immigrants, by automating the verification of their immigration status. In addition, by connecting all verification activities with an audit link to an active case file, this integration greatly increased system security.
- Developing a real-time web application with a Federal data source
- Providing a seamless interface with the existing web and mobile application systems
- Ensuring compliance with a growing array of State and Federal regulations
- Adhering to stringent privacy and security requirements
- Providing full audit functionality
- Automated searches eliminated time-consuming manual methods
- Speedier eligibility determination
- Increased staff productivity and accuracy
- Improved detection and deterrence of fraud, waste, and abuse
- Compliance with Federal law